ADSM-L

Re: TSM fault tolerance

2003-07-08 09:42:34
Subject: Re: TSM fault tolerance
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:41:46 -0400
Have you considered RAID 0+1 or 10? It give you mirror copies and stripping. It
may depend whether your RAID controller supports it or not. thanks.

>>> bizzorg AT COMCAST DOT NET 07/08/03 12:13AM >>>
Is there anyone(else) out there relying only on RAID for TSM fault
tolerance?  I just attended the Advanced TSM class and learned that RAID is
not sufficient.  Database and log mirror copy volumes are needed for the
most effective TSM fault tolerance.

By the way.  We're not using copy pools either and the primary disk storage
pool cannot store hold at least one days backup data.  I am now lobbying for
disk to solve these problems.

TSM Servers: z/OS V5.1.6.5