ADSM-L

Restore slows to a crawl

2003-07-07 14:20:35
Subject: Restore slows to a crawl
From: "Conko, Steven" <sconko AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:20:00 -0600
Has anyone else experienced a problem when restoring data where it starts
fine but then at some random point it slows down to a crawl? The wait time
starts to climb to 38 seconds, then resets to 0, then climbs to 38 seconds,
then back to 0 constantly until there is no other choice but to stop the
session. I was running a restore as with a virtualnodename, using several
restores at once (since im restoring almost 1TB).

I found one other post out there that mentioned multiple sessions and a
session waiting on a tape... in this case I was indeed running several
sessions. Is this a known problem? I can only run a single restore at a time
(for a particular node)?

Server is AIX4.3.3, TSM 5.1.5, client is AIX 5.1, TSM 5.1.5.4

Thanks in advance
Steve