ADSM-L

Re: simple tsm reporting tool

2003-07-03 15:06:55
Subject: Re: simple tsm reporting tool
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:05:25 -0500
Justin,

If "simple" reporting is all you're looking for, if you use Microsoft
Office, just pull query results into an Excel spreadsheet via the ODBC
connection.  Both Excel and Access offer extensive data filtering and
analysis tools that can be applied to the incoming data.

That's what we do and it has given us just about everything we need to
monitor and report on our TSM system.  Our system has about 110 nodes, 7
TB online, and manages a total of 21 TB.

We have seen no need for anything fancier.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram LLC

Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
07/02/2003 08:58 AM