ADSM-L

AW: Forcing backup clients to disk...

2003-07-03 10:05:11
Subject: AW: Forcing backup clients to disk...
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:06:23 +0200
Hallo,
I had very same problem and played around.      This wasted time.
I ended with purchasing disks and tapes.                This helped ;)
Juraj

P.S.

seriously, there is some optimisation possible:

- allow for 2 migration processes if you can afford
- set HI to a low number, maybe 10 or 20 % so that migration starts as early
as possible
- set randomization paraneter for schedulers higher and schedule duration
longer
  so that backups are startet at more diverse times
- exclude unnecessary files from regular backup (do you backup
  system objects each day? do you need that? do you
   backup Internet Explorer cahce? The waste bin? TEMP Directory?

But once you have reached the limit of your HW ressources
only purchase departement can help.