ADSM-L

Re: Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure

2003-07-03 09:49:34
Subject: Re: Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:49:15 -0400
>After many months of successful backup suddenly backup fails on one of the
>Domain Controllers with an error ANS1301E Server detected system error.
>Nothing in the Log files indicate the reason.

We encourage specificity in dealing with technical problems...
Which log files?  Client logs would be unlikely to have any more info
about the problem, but the server Activity Log should certainly.
This most often occurs with a tape drive problem, like a tape stuck
in a drive during an Unload operation.

  Richard Sims, BU