ADSM-L

Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure

2003-07-03 09:42:31
Subject: Active Directory Domain Controller Backup Failure
From: "Amini, Mehdi" <Mehdi.Amini AT VALUEOPTIONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:42:01 -0400
After many months of successful backup suddenly backup fails on one of the
Domain Controllers with an error ANS1301E Server detected system error.
Nothing in the Log files indicate the reason.

This particular Server has a C: D: E: drive.  I have manually tried to
backup and I get the same error.  I discovered the failure is when it tries
to backup the System Objects but I am unable to find out why.

We have a second Domain Controller, Same hardware/drives/permissions and
setup.  This one completes ok.

Mehdi Amini
LAN/WAN Engineer
ValueOptions
12369 Sunrise Valley Drive
Suite C
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: 703-390-6855
Fax: 703-390-2581

are addressed.If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
attachments.