ADSM-L

How to EXPIRE/REMOVE specific EXPORT tapes (2nd try)

2003-07-03 09:20:10
Subject: How to EXPIRE/REMOVE specific EXPORT tapes (2nd try)
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:20:01 -0400
Yes I have dug through and tried to RTFM but I may be missing
something.....

I have old tapes used for EXPORT processing. They are in the VOLUME
HISTORY.

I need to delete/wipe/clear/remove the contents of these tapes so I can
reuse them.

How do I do this ?

I only want to do this to a few specific tapes.  Unless I missed
something, DELETE VOLHISTORY TYPE=EXPORT will only work based on the
TODATE/TIME and do *ALL* tapes before that date/time.  This won't work
since the tapes I need to release are the last exports I did. I do not
want to clear the ones before this one !

This is TSM on z/OS - 5.1.6.4 !