ADSM-L

Re: Interesting LTO fault's symptom

2003-07-01 04:37:17
Subject: Re: Interesting LTO fault's symptom
From: "Cahill, Ricky" <Ricky.Cahill AT EQUITAS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:38:55 +0100
We had our DLT drives swapped out for LTO1 drives last November and set up
the cleaning in the library (STKL180) as per usual, the drives would never
ask for a clean.
By January we where getting massive amounts of tape errors on a daily basis,
after weeks of IBM/STK trying to work out why, for the hell of it I cleaned
the drives manually and instantly 95% of the errors went away.
Since then I've now set up some timed scripts in TSM to clean the drives on
a weekly basis. We are still getting some error's like this :-

15/04/2003 09:30:10 ANR9999D pvrntp.c(6207): ThreadId<26> BLOCK LOCATE
ERROR, VOL=001010, DRIVE=TAPE0 (mt20.1.2.3): Expected BlockID 2145678;
actual locate 0.

And are hopeing a firmware upgrade will possibly help this.