ADSM-L

Management Class Problem.

2003-06-26 15:52:10
Subject: Management Class Problem.
From: "Pearson, Dave" <DCPearson AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:50:35 -0700
I have TSM Server Version  5.1.6.1 on AIX 5.1. This is involving a client node
TSM Client 5.1 on Win2000

We wanted to have the client node to have an independent management class.  I
created one. (nt_brass_mc. The old default mc is nt_default_mc)
We made a change in inclexcl for nodename (Brass) to point to nt_brass_mc.
We bounce the services on win2000 nodename Brass.
I did a move nodedata for this client from the old default tapepool to the new
tapepool. After this is done, we check "q occ node-name and the old tapepool
was gone.
This morning after the DRM ran,  We check the "q occ node-name" and there was
the old tapepool included with the new tapepool and new copypool.
I checked the incremental backup that ran last night and it went to the new
tapepool (nt_brass_tapepool)
When we check the restore gui, we view the management class and it said
nt_default_mc.  We tried to change it but it go back to nt_default_mc.

What are we doing that is causing this?  Has anyone experience this problem and
what did you do to correct this?

Thank for your help...

David C. Pearson
IS Production Support Analyst