ADSM-L

backup systemobject hanging on win2k

2003-06-26 09:26:12
Subject: backup systemobject hanging on win2k
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:25:44 -0700
I'm running TSM 5.1.5 on OS/390 and backing up Win2K servers running the 5.1.5
client.  I issue a "define clientaction nodename action=command object='dsmc
backup systemobject'" from the server to each of my clients at the beginning of
my backup cycle, followed by a "define clientaction nodename
action=incremental" command.  The first command gets scheduled right away, but
it appears that in many cases the scheduled command takes hours to finish and
get out of the way so that the incremental backup can begin.  All I see in the
server log is that the session times out and that eventually it reconnects and
the schedule completes.  I don't see any errors in the client log.  Any ideas
on what might be going on?  I do see that the schedule prompter keeps bugging
the client to start the incremental; is it possible that this is causing a
problem for the client scheduler?

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO