ADSM-L

what determines a file's eligibility for backup?

2003-06-25 11:51:44
Subject: what determines a file's eligibility for backup?
From: "T. Lists" <tracylists AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:51:17 -0700
For files on a windows system, what does TSM look at
to determine if a file has been modified and therefore
eligible to be backed up again?  Is it only the
modified date?  I know I've had problems before with
the sys admins doing recursive permissions changes on
directories that causes all the files to be backed up
again, but I don't know if that touches the modified
date or not.