ADSM-L

Re: Archiving question

2003-06-25 08:54:47
Subject: Re: Archiving question
From: "Frost, Dave" <Dave.Frost AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:54:25 +0100
Lee,

I assume you meant 5.1.6.2.

Not as far as I'm aware.  However, once the data is migrated, you could try
"move nodedata <node> fromstg= tostg= type=ARCHIVE" as a short-term
alternative

Regards,

-=Dave=-
+44 (0) 20 7608 7140

"If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me. I hope
he's a good one and enjoys it and doesn't get caught. I'll support him in
this. But if he wants to be a network administrator, he's out of the house
and not part of my family." Steve Wozniak, http://www.woz.org

                      "Lee, Gary D."
                      <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>           To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Archiving question
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      25/06/2003 13:44
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I have the follwowing scenario.

Tsm v5.6.2 server running on solaris 8.
1 disk pool 67gb

Tape pools residing on 3590 carts for onsite and offsite.  There are
separate tape pools for archives and backups.

I have no more disk.  Is there a way to allow archives and backups to share
the same disk pool initially, but be migrated to their respective tape
pools?

Thanks for the assistance.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst