ADSM-L

Hard Drive Failure

2003-06-25 08:42:51
Subject: Hard Drive Failure
From: "Camilo A. Marrugo" <camilo AT DIALTONE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:42:44 -0400
Good Morning,

This morning during a data center migration, one of the hard drives that
holds a volume for the TSM database was damaged. I keep getting I/O
errors, and its not mounting. This is besides the point, I have another
hard drive coming. My question is, does anybody has any procedure on how
to recover from that failure after the hard drive is replaced?

I have a backup of the database from 25 min, before the migration of
location started.

Any help will be appreciated.

System:
RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3
Tivoli 5.1.0

Error:
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.

Thanks,
Camilo Marrugo

--
Camilo A. Marrugo <camilo AT dialtone DOT com>