ADSM-L

Re: Archive Question

2003-06-20 17:00:10
Subject: Re: Archive Question
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:59:08 -0500
Actually this is a normal message for any new node that goes to do an
archive.

If it is an old node, the time to run depends on the amount of archived data
- this can take hours and consume lots of log space (if in rollforward
mode).

If it is a new node it runs in about 0 seconds!

I've had various issues with the convert archive and have a PMR open which
I've suggested that this convert should happen automatically for new nodes
(or at least have an option).