ADSM-L

Re: Continuous cluster failovers configuring TDP Exchange Scheduler

2003-06-18 16:05:27
Subject: Re: Continuous cluster failovers configuring TDP Exchange Scheduler
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:09:23 -0500
Go to the properties of the generic service, advanced, and uncheck "affect
the group".

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             "Henrry Aranda"
             <harango@hotmail.
                                       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             06/18/2003 12:37                                           cc
             PM                        JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Continuous cluster failovers
                                       configuring TDP Exchange Scheduler

John

How Can I configure the Generic Service (Scheduler Resource) to avoid an
entire group failover if the service fails? I must configure the Exchange
Scheduler this week and the customer does not want to have more failovers.

Thanks in advance.

Henry Aranda

>From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
>To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Subject: Re: Continuous cluster failovers configuring TDP Exchange
>Scheduler
>Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:21:29 -0500
>
>This has happened to me a couple of times before.  Usually it was do to an
>error in the dsmcutil batch files used to create the services, like a typo
>in the cluster name especially.  I would uninstall the service on each
>node, double check your syntax, options files, etc. and try going through
>it again.  Restart the services on each node a couple of times to verify
>they are working correctly before trying to add the service into the
>cluster again.
>
>You can also change the properties of that service so it doesn't cause an
>entire group failover when it fails, at least until you get things working
>correctly.
>
>______________________________
>John Monahan
>Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
>Computech Resources, Inc.
>Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
>Cell: 952-221-6938
>http://www.compures.com
>

>              Henrry Aranda
>              <harango@HOTMAIL.
>              COM>
>              Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Dist Stor
cc
>              Manager"
>              <[email protected]