ADSM-L

Re: Unconvert Archive

2003-06-12 10:13:33
Subject: Re: Unconvert Archive
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:13:07 -0500
Since I haven't seen any replies to this yet ...

To do the Unconvert and convert you run "delete archdescriptions nodename"
then "convert archive nodename"

Note that the document suggests contacting IBM support - you may want to do
that.

I'm not sure if converting the nodes to use the new DB structure will save
any space (I wonder if it will actually use more).  The new structure is
more efficient - when we upgraded to 3.7.4 archives became really slow - we
had to do the conversion for all nodes that run archives and then archives
sped up.

The process of converting uses lots of log space (if in rollforward) so
beware of that.  It also takes a while (depending on how much data is
archived per node).

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg