ADSM-L

Antwort: drive and library errors in event viewer

2003-06-12 04:31:11
Subject: Antwort: drive and library errors in event viewer
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit AT SCALEON DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:29:50 +0200
Hi,
we have 20 TSM 5.1.6.3 sever, all Compaq and we have I/O errors on the drives
all the time, only after upgrading to Compaq Agents 6.2/3.
Analysed with 2'nd level TSM support that the Agents seem to be the problem.
When we disable the agents we do not receive any errors. That only affects SCSI
attached libs and tapes, FC attached storage is not affected.
Have opened a call with Compaq and they are on it.
Try disabling the agents and see if you still get any errors.
Feedback would be appriciated

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit