ADSM-L

Re: New to TSM

2003-06-12 00:26:15
Subject: Re: New to TSM
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:23:12 -0500
From: Mark Cini [mailto:Mark.Cini AT CFGRAPHICS DOT COM]
> We also want to look at backing up Macintosh
> design systems as well as laptops/PCs for power users.

One cautionary note: the current Mac client does not support a scheduler
service unless the machine is logged on with a root-equivalent user at
the time of the scheduled backup. Yeah, you can password-protect your
screensaver...

BTW, the advice about using AIX as the TSM server OS is valid. The
Windows/SCSI interface is not the most robust in the world, and Windows
scripting sucks, IMO.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks