ADSM-L

Re: Multipler TCPPorts

2003-06-11 09:49:47
Subject: Re: Multipler TCPPorts
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:49:14 +0200
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:34:20 -0400
Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM> wrote:

> Is it possible for multiple TCPPorts to be setup on
> the same server? I would like all clients to connect
> via the default, 1500, except for one other client
> that I would use to connect via any other port number.

I have found this to be impossible, so I set-up a redir (google for redir) to
do exactly this.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams