ADSM-L

Re: STORAGNT not working, any suggestions?

2003-06-09 14:40:54
Subject: Re: STORAGNT not working, any suggestions?
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:40:12 -0400
Joni,

Make sure that the sa on the client side is communicating on the port
that the server is expecting.
ie - server tcpport = SaServer low level address = lladdress in
devconfig.txt = tcpport in dsmsta.opt

Cory

>>> joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM 06/09/03 02:29PM >>>
Hello again everyone!

Right now we have another TPOC going that is working with a 3584 LTO2
library with 2 drives so that we can test LAN-free.  (Our previous 2
tests
with 9840B and 3590E were not true LAN-free tests because we only had
one
drive and a manual library)  Right now we are having problems with the
storagnt configuration.  We are seeing the following messages.  The
individuals working on this would just like to know if anyone has any
suggestions/comments.  Also, if anyone would be willing to send us
your
dsm.sys file on the client, dsmsta.opt file on the storagnt, and
anything
else that may pertain to this setup we would greatly appreciate
it!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 15:37:52 on Feb 10 2003.
ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 5441.
ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR8209E Unable to establish TCP/IP session with 157.154.43.104 -
connection
refused.
ANR0454E Session rejected by server SERVER1, reason: Communication
Failure.
ANR3602E Unable to communicate with database server.
ANR8209E Unable to establish TCP/IP session with 157.154.43.104 -
connection
refused.
ANR0454E Session rejected by server SERVER1, reason: Communication
Failure.
ANR9999D smtb.c(5575): ThreadId<0> Error Beginning Storage Service
Cancel
Session transaction.
ANR3602E Unable to communicate with database server.
TSM:STORAGENT>
Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com