ADSM-L

Re: deleting volhist of a databse

2003-06-06 13:47:09
Subject: Re: deleting volhist of a databse
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:49:59 -0500
The best method is to do different types of DB backups to tape and disk.
For example, do DB snapshot to tape and do DB full to disk.  That way if
you want to just delete the DB backups on disk you can do type=DBFULL in
your del volhist command, this won't affect the tape (type=DBS) backups.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             Tae Kim
             <tkim AT MFSP DOT COM>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: deleting volhist of a databse

             06/06/2003 11:27
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

thanks. if the devclass is file then i guess i can not use the devclass
option.  If this is the case how would i delete this DBbackup that was done
to file dev class? I dont want to delete the regular tape dbbackup just the
dbbackup on the file dev class.  I read the "h delete volhist" many time
before i guess i missed the only server part. i guess the lasik surgery
that i got was not worth the money :-P

thanks
Tae