ADSM-L

Survey: Higher-Ed TSM sites using copy stgpools

2003-06-06 12:44:19
Subject: Survey: Higher-Ed TSM sites using copy stgpools
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:20:01 -0400
If you are a higher-ed TSM site (College, University, Technical, etc), I
would appreciate hearing your answers to the following questions:

Please reply to me, not to the list.  I will summarize the results to the list.

 1. Approximately how many TSM client systems do you have?
 2. How much data is stored in TSM (if you know; not counting copy stgpools)?
 3. Do you implement chargeback for TSM usage?
 4. Do you use copy storage pools?

If the answer to question 4 is "no", there is no need to answer the
following questions, but please send your answers to questions 1-4 to me.

 4. Do you copy all of your data, or just a subset?
 5. If a subset, please characterize the subset.
 6. Do you mirror off-site?
 7. Do you mirror using manual vaulting of off-site tapes?
 8. Do you mirror to a remotely located TSM server?
 9. Do you mirror to a remotely attached tape library?
10. How frequently do you refresh your mirror copy (i.e., run copy stgpool)?
11. What is the approximate distance between your primary and mirror copies?

Thank you for your participation.  It is very much appreciated.  We are
trying to get a sense of what similar TSM installations are doing with
regard to copy storage pools.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                         Ph: 607-255-4757
719 Rhodes Hall, Cornell University    Fx: 607-255-8521