ADSM-L

Re: Tape Question

2003-06-05 11:10:48
Subject: Re: Tape Question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:10:09 -0400
>Thanks for the q libr command found out that 400 is my private category.
>When I look in my act log I find no references to these volumes & they do
>not show up in q vol or q libv.  Any suggestions about there real status?
>Could they be volumes that were mounted in a drive when TSM went down?  Also
>I tried to check them in they failed on reading the label!
>I guess my question is does anybody any reason to NOT recheck them in as
>scratch & overwrite the existing label?  Did I miss someplace else to check
>the status of these tapes with TSM?

You said that the library is shared: it is thus likely that the other entity
overwrote the volumes - and expects them to contain viable data.
In that your TSM system has no record of them, it is likely that the other
system does.  Confer with those folks about the tapes...and about sharing
procedures in general, which is obviously somewhat awry now.

  Richard Sims, BU