ADSM-L

Re: User access list information

2003-06-04 09:49:25
Subject: Re: User access list information
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:49:00 -0400
>Does anyone know where the information is kept when a client node grants
>access to its data to some other node?  I've looked in the column names
>and remarks for bunches of tables in the TSM server db and haven't found
>anything.  I'm assuming that's where the info is kept? Couldn't find
>anything in the list archives, either...

The SQL view of the TSM database is an artificial overlay which affords
customer access to a certain set of information stored in the database,
for flexible reporting when the output provided by the product's
programmed commands does not suit needs.  As you've seen, various
information is not available through the SQL interface - particularly
that which is accessible via client queries where the data content is
specific to the client operating environment (OS, file system, etc.).
Generally speaking, if there is no (supported) TSM server command which
reports certain information, there will be no SQL access to it, either.

  Richard Sims, BU