ADSM-L

Backup optical storage pool

2003-06-03 20:42:01
Subject: Backup optical storage pool
From: "Hong J. Sun" <hongjsun AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:26:33 +1000
We installed TSM 4.1 on WinNT 2 years ago, we got an IBM 3995 optical
library connected, which has 2 drives and 16 slots. At that time, we didn't
have a storage pool backup plan, and upto now there are totally 24GB/12
optical platter data sitting in the optical library.
Now we define a copy storage pool in the optical library, and want to backup
the current optical storage pool here, it is definitely a headache for me,
as I need to figure out:
_1. How long roughly would it need to take to backup 24GB data from one
optical storage pool to another?
_2. As a business rule, we can't let this backup to affect normal user
retrievals, so we have to get this done during weekends, but if the backup
takes more than 2 days, is there any way we can stop the backup and resume
it again on the following weekend?

Thanks for any input.

HS

Get mobile Hotmail. Go to  http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp