ADSM-L

Re: Query contents of a filespace?

2003-06-03 11:36:23
Subject: Re: Query contents of a filespace?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:33:52 -0400
You can select from the BACKUPS table.

One of the columns is "filespace_name", so you can restrict your queries to
just the files you are interested in.
E.G.,
select hl_name, ll_name, state, date(backup_date) from backups where
node_name='XXXXXXX' and filespace_name <> 'SYSTEM OBJECT'

The BACKUPS table can be VERY LARGE and queries against it can run a VERY
LONG TIME if your DB is large or your server is slow.  It usually works
pretty well for me when restricted to a single node name as in the example
above, because the table is indexed on NODE_NAME.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
443-778-8769

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Dilbert/Scott Adams