ADSM-L

Re: how to get multi-session restore to work?

2003-06-03 10:34:48
Subject: Re: how to get multi-session restore to work?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:34:27 -0400
If you RTFM (GC32-0789-03 Backup-Archive Clients Installation and User's
Guide V5R2), there is a section that describes, in detail, what needs to
be done for multiple restore streams.

It involves the 'resourceutilization' value defined in DSM.SYS (default is
1) and the MAXNUMMP (maximum mount points) value defined for your node in
the server.

We just went through this. Yes it does work but be aware of resource
contention (i.e. two restore sessions needing the same tape).  One
recommendation we wish we could have used (required 5.1.x server and we
didn't have one at that time) was using MOVE NODEDATE to move the nodes
data to a disk storage pool.

"MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
06/03/2003 10:16 AM