ADSM-L

Re: TDP 4 MSSQL restore

2003-05-30 14:50:41
Subject: Re: TDP 4 MSSQL restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:45:06 -0400
David,

I did not specify because the preformatting and
initialization that the SQL Server is performing
can vary based on the speed of the disk, CPU speed,
and physical file layout.

You may want to bump the COMMTIMEOUT value up high,
run some test restores of your "larger" databases
to get a feel of how long this will take.
Alternatively, you can simply raise the
COMMTIMEOUT value on the occasions when you
need to restore the "larger" databases.
Sorry I can't be more definitive, but this
is one of those "your mileage may vary" situations
based upon equipment specifications.

Thanks,

Del