ADSM-L

Re: retrieve to another node

2003-05-28 23:39:33
Subject: Re: retrieve to another node
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:39:15 -0500
From: Mark Hayden [mailto:MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US]
> Hi all, This one is a little different..... We moved data from one
> client to another back in December. We removed the old Client from the
> Network. Theses are both NetWare Servers. The old client was a NW 4.1.
> The only thing TSM has for the old client is Archive data. Also, the
> only NW Servers we have in the Network are NW 5.1. So I am trying to
> Retrieve a old Archive from the NW 4.1 client that Physically does not
> exist anymore.

Try this. Leave the dsm.opt file as it should be, and run

        dsmc -virtualnodename=<old_node_name>

on the new box. (You'll have to authenticate using the old box's ID and
password.)

Be prepared for the possibility that you cannot retrieve a NetWare 4.1
file onto a 5.1 box.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks