ADSM-L

retrieve to another node

2003-05-28 17:07:40
Subject: retrieve to another node
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:07:02 -0500
Hi all, This one is a little different..... We moved data from one
client to another back in December. We removed the old Client from the
Network. Theses are both NetWare Servers. The old client was a NW 4.1.
The only thing TSM has for the old client is Archive data. Also, the
only NW Servers we have in the Network are NW 5.1. So I am trying to
Retrieve a old Archive from the NW 4.1 client that Physically does not
exist anymore.

So what I have tried to do, was take a current NW 5.1 client and change
the DSM.OPT file to reflect the old NW 4.1 client...Seems to work fine.
Start my command line retrieve and it comes back with the TSA is not
loaded and craps out....I have done this with 2 NW clients that are both
still online.....My question is, am I going about this wrong, or can
this not be done...Thanks

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us