ADSM-L

Understanding schedules

2003-05-28 11:52:11
Subject: Understanding schedules
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:51:46 -0500
I'm trying to setup client schedules for several offsight laptops (win2k
5.1 server/client).
I setup the schedule and associate everyone to it.  It all looks good.
Except they keep missing the scheduled window.  These laptops have no
set time (and I don't want to have a set time) that they are online.
I left the duration at 1 hour and the period is 1 day.  It starts at
6am.
What I'd like is a schedule that will run all day and whenever the
client is connected start backing up right then.

A few questions that have been bugging me.
Is there a way to query the clients schedule?  When it will attempt to
backup, or the schedule it got from the server?
What exactly does the duration option do?  Is this how long the client
has to start a backup session?  If so then I should set it to something
like 5min.  If it's just how long the client has to login and GET the
schedule then I should have this running all day (24hours).

I think I'm just very confused.  Any help would be appreciated.

sim