ADSM-L

Backupset slow restore - resolved

2003-05-23 16:46:40
Subject: Backupset slow restore - resolved
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:45:09 -0500
Don,

Thanks for the feedback.

The real problem was that the image I used to build my test client had
forced the NIC to 10 Mbs half duplex.  I downloaded the driver from Dell,
installed it, and set the NIC to 100 Mbs Auto, and the backupset restore
performance increased ==> 100 FOLD <==.

I'm so embarrassed...

Tab

DFrance <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>