ADSM-L

Re: Upstate NY TSM Users Group Meeting - June 4th

2003-05-23 15:49:51
Subject: Re: Upstate NY TSM Users Group Meeting - June 4th
From: Mike Hedden <mhedden AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:36:33 -0400
Jeff,
How are things going?  I hope all is well - it must be if you have time to
coordinate the user group meeting.

Have you thought about looking into Tivoli SRM?  (Storage Resource Manager)This
product offers a wide range of functionality - discovery, chargeback, storage
utilization, quotas, file type, files not being backed up, and on and on.  If
someone from Tivoli were availble, the user group woulld be a good place to
give a demo.

Also, would you consider being a Tivoli reference account?  I did that for a
long time when I was a user and it entails talking to other or potential TSM
users about TSM.  The local IBM/TSM rep would coordinate any calls with you and
you could accept or decline as you preferred.

Let me know if you would be interested in this and I will set you up.  Also, my
IBM email id is:  mhedden AT us.ibm DOT com.