ADSM-L

Re: File Devclass for Primary Storage Pool

2003-05-23 12:04:36
Subject: Re: File Devclass for Primary Storage Pool
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:36:52 +0300
You are calling the benefit "a drawback"!?! Whenever diskpool block is
emptied (by migration or expiration) it can be immediately reused - no
need for reclamation at all.

You'd better dig down the list archives about discussions on primary pools
on different speed disks. Think twice if you intend to have front-end
(topmost in the storage pool hierarchy) diskpool on ATA raid.

BTW: EMC does not manifacture tape libraries so has no other option than
to say disk is better. The disk is not always better than tape.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Dameon White <dameon_white AT CHARTER DOT NET>
23.05.2003 16:29