ADSM-L

Will file be backed up if overwritten with mv or cp -i and create date is older than original file

2003-05-21 16:38:12
Subject: Will file be backed up if overwritten with mv or cp -i and create date is older than original file
From: Don Avart <davart AT FOGARTYFAMILY DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:30:01 -0400
A user asked me this question today and I don't have an answer.  We have
just switched over all users from our old system to a new system and she
is moving files from the old nfs server to the new nfs server.  She wants
the files that she is moving over to maintain the create/modify date.
Many of the files that she is moving will overwrite existing files with
the same name.  So the question is, what will tsm do if the file has a
create date that is older than the file that was previously there.