ADSM-L

Re: Netware object restore

2003-05-21 11:59:29
Subject: Re: Netware object restore
From: Hector Chan <hector.chan AT INCYEDGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:58:27 -0400
Let me explain what I did. I tried 2 different senario and get 2 results.
User object: gary
user folder: garyfolder ( gary is the trustee of garyfolder )

First senario,
Delete user gary from the NDS tree. Delete folder garyfolder from windows
explorer
Restore user object gary first, then garyfolder. Result: user gary show up
as a trustee in garyfolder properties page. Perfect recovery.

Second senario,
Delete user gary from the NDS tree.
Restore user object gary. Result: user gary doesn't show up as a trustee in
garyfolder properties page.

In other words, if a user object is corrupted or deleted, after restoration
of object, I will lose all the trustee to the folders to which the restored
object is a trustee. Is this a TSM problem or is it the nature of Netware? I
don't know netware enough to differentiate.

/hector