ADSM-L

looking for help

2003-05-20 12:31:35
Subject: looking for help
From: Chris Evans <Chris AT SPCI DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:15:07 -0400
Please excuse the interruption of your technical discussion, but I am in
search of someone for the position described below. I've been unsuccessful
in finding these skill-sets, so I'm hoping someone here can help.  The
position is located in the mid-Atlantic area and the salary range goes to
$100K.  If you know someone that might be interested in knowing about this
opportunity please forward this to them.  My contact information is below.

*************************
 Tivoli Database Administrator - Responsible for performing database
administration and configuration management functions to include the
following duties:

Installing and upgrading the Oracle and DB2 DBMS and all its associated
products to include application tools.
Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the
database system
Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces)
Provide technical support and trouble shooting ability for all DBMS-related
tasks
Perform daily maintenance to include system checks, ensure processes are
running, and monitoring system logs
Startup and shutdown processes
Write and edit UNIX and SQL scripts
Creating and modifying primary objects (tables, views, indexes)
Modifying the database structure
Implementing and maintaining database security
Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
Planning for and implementing backup and recovery (control files, redo logs,
rollback segments, system data files, etc) of database information
Tuning the database for optimal performance
Performing data extraction and report formatting and creating activities

Qualifications: This position requires a minimum of 8 years general
experience, of which at least 6 years must be specialized.  Specialized
experience includes: supervision of database administrators and
installation, maintenance, and designing of database systems.  General
experience includes a history of increasing responsibilities as a database
administrator.

Skills: Oracle 9i, DB2, Sybase, SQL, Tivoli, Remedy
*****************

I appreciate your time and consideration.  Please feel free to call me at
888-286-7724 if you have any questions.

Sincerely, Chris Evans

Visit us at: http://www.SPCI.net
______________________________________