ADSM-L

Include Exclude - NEED HELP

2003-05-20 12:09:24
Subject: Include Exclude - NEED HELP
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:09:06 -0500
I'm trying to setup a bunch of clients to do sheduled backups to our TSM
5.1 windows server.
I think I've got this down, but...
I want to setup and include/exclude file to limit the backup to only the
"Documents and Settings" folder.
I set that up and did a 'q inclexcl' in the client and go all these
extra excludes -

Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\NtmsData\...\* Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\metabase.xml Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\metabase.bin Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\mbschema.xml Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\DTCLog\MSDTC.LOG Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\schedlgu.txt          Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\registration\*.clb    Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\netlogon.chg          Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\debug\*               Operating System
Excl All       C:\WINNT\csc\...\*             Operating System
Excl All       C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\...\* Operating System
Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\user\...\index.dat Operating
System

Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\...\* Operating
System
Excl All       C:\adsm.sys\...\*              Operating System
Excl All       *\Pagefile.sys                 Operating System
Excl All       *\hiberfil.sys                 Operating System
Excl All       *\...\*.crmlog                 Operating System

--

I'm figuring that these occure because of the user I am logged in as.
Since the schedule runs as "System" it probably won't have these
excludes and only use the ones I specify.
I don't have a problem with the above excludes, except that they don't
work.  I get a
--
'ANS1076E *** Directory path not found ***'
--

The other option is that the server itself gives these out, but
everything I've read says it can't.  Everything I've read so far seems

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Especially a detailed
explanation of include/exclude (not how to order/phrase the statements,
that's the easy part) - geered toward an apparent idiot (me).

sim