ADSM-L

Re: System State Backup

2003-05-19 09:46:43
Subject: Re: System State Backup
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 06:46:19 -0700
See the IBM redbook SG24-6141: "Deploying the Tivoli Storage Manager
Client in a Windows 2000 Environment". You can find this at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com; do a search on SG246141 to locate the book.
One of the chapters includes a section on restore of individual system
objects, including the registry. Another chapter talks about the backup of
system objects, including a discussion on the \ADSM.SYS directory, which
is where some system object data (including registry) is staged before
being sent to the server.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
05/19/2003 02:20