ADSM-L

Re: Compaq MSL5026 attached to TSM 5.1.6 for AIX

2003-05-17 19:52:37
Subject: Re: Compaq MSL5026 attached to TSM 5.1.6 for AIX
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:51:39 -0400
Haven't worked with AIX 5.1 yet or this library, but I suspect these
two filesets are on a CD that came with your AIX system (if it came
with
FC Adapter) or was in package that FC adapter came with if
ordered later.  Don't look for AIX CD, this will be a single CD
with some words on it about Gigabit FC Adapter or similar.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> p.meira AT CAPITALIT DOT PT 05/17/03 03:19PM >>>
Hi,

We are trying to configure on an AIX 5.1 box / TSM 5.1.6 a Compaq
FC-SAN
attached MSL5026 Library.
When we go to smitty, devices, TSM devices, fc SAN attached devices,
discover devices supported by TSM we will get the following
information
for device lb0 (library) :

attribute  value              description
user_settable

FCPORT_ID   0x11600            FC Port ID                  True
LUNMAP_ID   0x0                Mapped LUN ID of the device True
WW_NAME     0x500508b300403aa1 WW Name of the Port         False
PRODUCT_ID  MSL5000 Series     Product ID of the device    False

We see the library but not the tape drives. How should we do to
configure them.
This Library is being shared between an AIX box and Windows Systems.

Compaq Library : Compaq MSL5026SL -> Firmware 0226
Compaq Tape Drive x 2 : Compaq SDLT 220 -> Firmware 3333
FC Channel Adapter : IBM #6227  -> Firmware DF1000F7

Other question:

When we are trying to do cfgmgr command we will always get the
following
error messages:

cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required
for
        device support but are not currently installed.
devices.fcp.array
devices.fcp.changer

I don't find any those filesets any ware. Does anyone knows where how
find those.

Best Regards
Pedro

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.