ADSM-L

No Active Versions.

2003-05-16 16:18:47
Subject: No Active Versions.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:20:02 -0400
Good afternoon,

TSM 4.2.1.9 server running on OS/390 2.10 TSM Client is 4.2.2.0 on AIX 4.3.

We were attempting to restore a file today and issued the command to create
a pick list. I thought it odd that the pick list showed 3 inactive versions
of the file only. I thought this odd so I decided to code a select against
my backups and again I found on 3 inactive versions of the file. How can I
have 3 inactive versions but no active versions of this file. Here are the
policy options that are applied to the file:

Policy Domain Name       STANDARD
Policy Set Name          ACTIVE
Mgmt Class Name          STANDARD
Copy Group Name          STANDARD
Versions Data Exists          5
Versions Data Deleted         5
Retain Extra Versions         30
Retain Only Version      60
Copy Mode           MODIFIED
Copy Serialization       SHRSTATIC
Copy Frequency      0
Copy Destination         STD_BACKUP_PRIMARY
Last Update Date/Time         1997-01-16 11:52:38.000000
Last Update by (administrator)     TECKWC
Managing profile         -

 Thanks for any info that you can provide.

 - Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

 CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error, and any use, review,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy any and all copies of this
communication.