ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client on Netware 6 SP3

2003-05-16 13:55:48
Subject: Re: TSM Client on Netware 6 SP3
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:48:01 -0700
This is fixed in 5.1.6.

Regads,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

The problem is that TSM depends on the netdb module, but will not
auto-load it if not present.  In the past, other modules automatically
loaded the netdb module, so it was already loaded.  With SP3, Novell
modules no longer have the same netdb dependencies, so it generally
doesn't get loaded anymore.  The Tivoli dsmcad module DOES require netdb,
but as I stated will not load it automatically if not present.  It appears
that it just assumes it will be there, since it has been in the past.  The
result is the "unresolved" error message that you're seeing.  Unless IBM
fixes the dsmcad module to load netdb if not already loaded, you will need
to load it manually before loading dsmcad.  In my autoexec.ncf, I use the
following three lines:

search add sys:tivoli\tsm\client\ba
netdb
dsmcad

Matt Zufelt
Southern Utah University

>>> bkamp AT MHS DOT NET 05/13/03 08:00AM >>>
Has anybody tried to running the 5.1.5.15 client on a Netware 6 SP3 node?
One of my nodes was upgraded from Netware 6 SP2 to SP3 last night.  Now
when
we try to load dsmcad it says unresolved on the console.  The TSA600.nlm
is
loaded & sys:tivoli\tsm\client\ba is added to the search path.  I also get
the same error when I try to load dsmc.
I am running TSM 5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3.