ADSM-L

Re: Schedule failed (return code 13)

2003-05-16 08:28:19
Subject: Re: Schedule failed (return code 13)
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:27:35 +0200
Hi Michael!
Return code 13 is the return code from a local command scheduled through the
scheduler. From the manual:
other:
For scheduled operations where the scheduled action is COMMAND, the return
code will be the return code from the command that was executed. If the
return code is 0, the status of the scheduled operation will be Completed.
If the return code is nonzero, then the status will be Failed.
Some commands may issue a nonzero return code to indicate success. For these
commands, you can avoid a Failed status by wrapping the command in a script
that invokes the command, interprets the results, and exits with return code
0 if the command was successful (the script should exit with a nonzero
return code if the command failed). Then ask your Storage Manager server
administrator modify the schedule definition to invoke your script instead
of the command.

You will have to check the client's dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log for more
information about the cause.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines