ADSM-L

Re: Create more then one backupset to one tape

2003-05-15 21:08:36
Subject: Re: Create more then one backupset to one tape
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:07:54 -0700
Bill, it has been fixed in 5.1.6.x.  Look for APAR IC34447 in the readme file
for the server under "APARS fixed in 5.1.6.0". I have
done reconcile volumes with backupsets on VVs and it works fine. One of my
customers has two TSM servers connected with GigE over about a 15km
distance. We have had occasional communications problems and the reconcile
volumes command cleared out all the correct (orphaned) objects. Backupsets
on VVs also have the advantage that you can change the tape technology on
which this data resides as they are really just archive objects on the
target server that can be moved anywhere. If you have backupsets on
physical tape you will need to keep that tape technology as long as you
have unexpired backupsets.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
2003-05-15 15:51