ADSM-L

Re: Dual site configuration

2003-05-15 07:35:18
Subject: Re: Dual site configuration
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:33:54 +0200
Hi

This is a solution where you would benefit from using HACMP.

You could have to clustergroups, each containing a TSM server, some disks
and some network adapters. Each clustergroup would have one preferred
node, but would also be able to move to the other node.

Only thing to note, is, you have to have different TCPPorts one the two
TSM servers, as they could be running on the same machine in the event of
a disaster.

You then use AIX mirroring, or TSM DB mirroring, to mirror the databases
between the two sites(preferably using AIX mirroring to two different disk
subsystems, one subsystem on each site).

I have two configurations like this running today, and it works like a
charm.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
2003-05-15 13:26