ADSM-L

Re: new TSM Client Pricing

2003-05-15 03:22:26
Subject: Re: new TSM Client Pricing
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 01:21:52 -0600
Andy, Dave, Del, other IBM TSM engineers lurking here,

As you can probably see, the way your product is being managed is completely
ridiculous.  The inmates have taken over the asylum and they are attempting
to ruin it for all of us.  It is way past time for someone with more than a
little brain to step into this and fix it once and for all.  Clearly, those
of us on the outside have no chance but surely someone within can.

Never mind existing customers.  We're pretty much stuck (not completely, but
enough so you can sleep on us a bit).  But new customers get a load of the
pricing crap and they run to other products.  This endangers your future
business and therefore your future existence.

And this is just on the buying side of the equation.  You should see what
those of us on the selling side have to deal with.  My biggest competition
selling TSM is not Veritas or Legato.  It is dumb ass Tivoli sales reps that
haven't figured out that we are not the enemy.  IBM has made us look like
the enemy through inconsistent application of license credit to IBM sales
reps.  Why a rep who has nothing to do with a sale would get credit in the
first place has always been a mystery to me, but that's the way it works.
And since it does not matter how many times we count a license for credit,
why not count it a couple of more times to make sure that we keep sight of
the enemy?  I am sure that this behavior effects what happens to end-users
as well.  It has to.  Territory wars are never good for anyone but the
competition.  Did I mention that the competition is VERITAS and LEGATO, not
OTHERS SELLING TSM?!!!  GEEZ!

Stupid?  Completely freaking stupid.  Can you tell that I'm a bit incensed
by this?  If you had a crappy product I would be looking forward to your
demise.  But you don't and I'm not.  I am, however, looking forward to the
loud popping noise indicating the sudden removal of your collective heads
from your collective ... Don't get me started!

We'll now return to your regularly scheduled program.

Kelly, who is suffering from jet lag in Holland.

Kelly J. Lipp
CFO/VP Engineering
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive