ADSM-L

Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?

2003-05-15 00:29:36
Subject: Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:29:14 -0700
I'm four hours into dsmserv upgradedb on a 50gb TSM database, during an
upgrade from TSM server 4.2.2 to 5.1. This an AIX 4.3.3 system on a
2-engine H80 computer. How much longer should this take? (Rough guesses
OK, YMMV, and all those disclaimers)

I'm trying to decide between two extremes: 1) Go home and get some sleep
and check on it in the morning, or 2) It's almost done be patient.

On a 25Gb database upgrade we performed it took about 2.5 hours on a
Solaris system a bit slower than an H80.  I'd hang in there - you're
through the worst of it...

Luke