ADSM-L

architectural limit on the TSM database and performance?

2003-05-14 18:38:32
Subject: architectural limit on the TSM database and performance?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:39:31 -0500
Some folks told me a couple of years ago that TSM has an architectural
limit of about 50G for the TSM database.  Currently we have about 13G in
ours and we would like to retain more versions.  But I don't want to
destroy my little Wintel TSM server in pushing the limits.  (It is a Dual P4
with 833 processors, 1G Ram, 6 LTO1 drives in a 3583, and a 200G disk pool)

We currently keep 8 versions for up to 60 days, and would like to get to 16
versions in the same 60 days.  Probably wouldn't double the database,
but I don't want to come to near any architectural limits.
-- TIA ... Jack