ADSM-L

Re: LAN and SAN backups. Don't expect that you can restore your b ackups if you have a mixed LAN/SAN environment.

2003-05-14 13:25:38
Subject: Re: LAN and SAN backups. Don't expect that you can restore your b ackups if you have a mixed LAN/SAN environment.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:24:22 -0400
Jan,

Please reopen the PMR and escalate this to the US PMR queues again.

I spoke to a TSM server developer... and from the description
that you wrote about in your ADSM-L append, it is not correct.
That is, in regards to the Data Protection for xxx clients...
... regardless of how you backed up the data, and where the
data may have been moved after backup, you should be able to
restore it.

Thanks,

Del