ADSM-L

Re: restoration from copy pool

2003-05-14 07:33:07
Subject: Re: restoration from copy pool
From: "Wilcox, Andy" <andy.wilcox AT AQUILA-NETWORKS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:27:21 +0100
I am inclined to disagree that you cannot restore from copy pool volumes, as
I do this regularly during D/R testing...

If you set the onsite tapes to unavailable and not destroyed and make the
copy pool vlomues available to the server... It works fine...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy Wilcox
Midrange Services
Aquila Networks Services Ltd

Confidentiality: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, use of this information
(including disclosure, copying or distribution) may be unlawful.  Please notify
postmaster AT aquila-networks.co DOT uk. and delete the message immediately.
Security: Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
Viruses: This e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked (using Sophos Sweep
3.63 + patches) and found to be clean from any virus infection before leaving.
Therefore neither Aquila Networks Services Ltd nor Midlands Electricity plc  or
any of their group undertakings  (as defined by the Companies Act 1989)
(together referred to as the "Companies") accept legal responsibility for this
message or liability for the consequences of any computer viruses which may
have been transmitted by this e-mail.

Monitoring: All electronic communications with the Companies may be monitored
in accordance with the UK Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Lawful
Business Practice Regulations, 2000.  If you do not consent to such monitoring,
you should contact the sender of this e-mail.
Aquila Networks Services Limited,
Registered office: Whittington Hall, Whittington, Worcester, WR5 2RB
Registered in England and Wales number 3600545
This e-mail may be sent on behalf of any of the Companies.